Design Thinking: A Bootcamp Intensive
As organizations grapple with post-pandemic needs, they face new challenges in delivering essential services. Design thinking offers a structure for purposeful designing for the user. You can use it to help stakeholders imagine services from the perspective of the person who experiences the services. In this hands-on course, we’ll give you foundational knowledge and skills to facilitate basic design thinking processes.
In this hands-on course, we’ll give you foundational knowledge and skills to facilitate basic design thinking processes. We use a modified version of the Designing for Growth model. You’ll use and experience key tools in the five-cycle process:
- What Challenge?
- Scope the Problem or Opportunity
- What Is?
- Research the Space
- Empathize with Users
- What If?
- Brainstorm Solutions
- Develop Concepts for Consideration
- What Wows?
- Test Assumptions
- Prototype Rapidly
- What Works?
- Co-Create with Users
- Launch a Learning Experiment
In this hands-on training, you’ll gain experience using design thinking to address an actual organizational challenge. By the conclusion of the session, you should:
- Understand the fundamentals of design thinking and human-centered design
- Complete an actual empathy-focused design process with a team of colleagues
- Identify opportunities for using this process after the training
During this fast-paced session, you’ll learn:
- Why? Design Thinking
- What? Guided Practice in Tackling a Real-life Design Challenge in Your Team
Using the five-cycle design thinking process.
- How? To Continue Using It
WANT TO TAKE THIS COURSE? CONTACT US BELOW
Do you have a small group of people you’d like to send to a course but not enough participants to offer an in-house course? If you can commit to purchasing 7 or more registrations, please contact us. We can work with you in scheduling a future public course.